Friday, April 23, 2004

I realised something stunning yesterday. Reading an article on an independent news site, the writer pointed out that in the media, so much attention was made of the American deaths in the siege of Fallujah, yet almost a thousand Iraqis were killed (the actual numbers could be much higher) of which there was scant attention and no outcry or calls for investigation paid to this.
I remembered reading articles in the newspaper and in Yahoo news and seeing the casualty figures with the hundreds of Iraqis dead during this siege, yet I hardly paid any attention myself as to how could so many civilians be killed?
I mean, maybe the US were using heavy artillery and bombardments against the insurgents and these civilians were caught but anyway this is truly terrible that civilians especially this much were killed and then, nothing was made of it in mainstream media.

The article is: Crushing Fallujah on Znet